- Find out the proton number of the atom or element.
- Electrons always go into the shell nearest to the
- Once the shell is filled up, the electrons go into the next shell.
- The first two electrons will always go into the first shell.
- The next electrons will go into the second shell until it is full (i.e.
with 8 electrons) an so on.
Carbon has 6 protons and therefore has 6 electrons.
|Two electrons will go into the first shell.|
|The remaining four electrons go into the second shell.|
|The electron arrangement of carbon is 2.4. |
[ Finding electron arrangement ] [ Outer electrons ]